You can find the full report here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/report-project-day-8-3-14/
The bunnies are done!!!!
We started the day with talking about our various projects and the modern version of the plague (i.e. the ebola epidemic), and then setting up the “shopping list” for the fighter kits that we’re putting together.
At that point everyone started picking up projects to work on. Marcus was making fibulae and ended up with 12 pair. Anja cut the felt that Sabrina donated to attach them to. Loren still has to grind the points, but effectively they’re done.
Kim started working on another needle and got it finished. Loren had a blank that he started and got about 1/2-way done during the day, iow pretty well done with the carving, although it will still need sanding. 8 needles and 5 cases done.
Anja was working on embroidery at that point, more pincushions and had to do some ironing, because some of the fabrics had really bad fold lines.
Anja also did up a sample Lady’s Mantle sachet and the photos for it, as well as cutting the fabrics. Gaia had brought some rose sachets in and left the bottle, so Anja cut some more fabrics for those.
Anja did a talk on Largesse, what it meant in period and the use of it in the SCA and the associations and customs relating to it… including some of the problems, like “largesse creep”, the inflation of quantities, rather than quality.
After that Kim and Anja headed into the back to make perfume salve. The one they created was rose petals, sandalwood oil, storax and a little rose absolute (in jojba oil) all mixed into the Brambleberry brand perfume base. In period it probably would have been a grease or oil mixed with beeswax, but the commercial base keeps longer. They poured it into small view tins (20) and each got a rosebud pushed into the salve on top and had enough left over for 5 baby food jars for later. ….and they smelled awesome for the rest of the day! The 20 view tins all fit into one large tin, so the cards are going to get put into the large tin to be handed out with the little tins.
We sat awhile mostly working on needles (only 2 left to finish!) and Anja getting a few more photos and talked over some new projects including the rolling storage boxes. We’re thinking to make a fancy one of cedar with a flame-stitched cushion, (along with Anja’s of some inherited mahogany), but most will probably be plain pine with fabric-covered cushions. =
Kim needed to go feed Ruby, so Loren and Marcus took over the back to get dowels and finishing touches into the inkle looms. We’re taking those to the CdV fight practice on Tuesday to hand them off for the archery event where the class is going to be. And they are *complete*! …and stashed in Marcus’ car….
We didn’t get as far as the block printing, the lotion bars and the snip cases, but Anja is going to start on the latter during the week and at next week’s Project Day there will be the lotion bars and washing balls, maybe even a bruise salve.
There was also Headcloth and Wax Tablet progress
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja Snihova Chamarni, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin.